Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Book Blog Post #2

In the past couple of chapters a lot of things have happened and some things have been revealed. First off, Ronnie, Marcus, and Blaze went off to a place called Bower’s Point. But Ronnie’s dad saw them go off and sent his friend, who’s a cop, after them to get Ronnie. Of course Ronnie wasn’t happy to be escorted off by a cop in front of her new friends. So after she was taken home, she had an argument with her dad. Well really she was the only one arguing because her dad kept calm through the whole thing. The book also mentioned that Ronnie is a vegetarian.

The book revealed something about Will, too. That he has a secret that no one knows about except for his friend Scott, Blaze, and Marcus and his friends. The secret was that he knew that Scott started the fire that burned down a local church (Blaze and Marcus and his friends saw it happen). He had wanted to tell the cops at the time, but Scott wouldn’t let him. Scott said to Will, "You owe me . . . " and by that, Will knew he couldn’t tell, even though he felt so guilty.

The last chapter left off with Marcus hitting on Ronnie right in front of Blaze (who he’s dating, by the way) and then leaving the diner they were in. Before he left, he mentioned to Ronnie that there was going to be a get-together at Bower’s Point that night and that he wanted her to come. Some things I want to find out: Is Ronnie going to go? Will she get in trouble for going if she does? And what does Will owe Scott for? I guess I’ll have to keep reading to find out!

4 comments:

  1. I'm foreseeing a confrontation at Bower's Point- what do you think? Is Ronnie's dad overprotective and paranoid, or is he just being a good dad? Where do you think this plot is headed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I read the next chapter and the only thing that happened at Bower's Point was that Marcus hit on Ronnie again. It made her feel uncomfortable, so she left.

    Ronnie's dad is just being a good dad. After she came home from Bower's Point (at 2 am), he didn't even get mad, which shocked Ronnie.

    I'm not sure where the plot is headed, but I think that possibly Blaze might get mad at Ronnie because I think she saw her with Marcus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen
    What's happening at Bower's Point? Are the people there really her friends? How do you think that Ronnie is feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people were just having a party at Bower's Point.

    No, none of them are really her friends. She hasn't been there that long and the only person who's sort of a friend is Blaze.

    I think Ronnie feels a little uncomforable, especially around Marcus. She doesn't really know anyone yet.

    ReplyDelete